Valerian Root – 200mL Extract
$29.46 inc. GST
- Helps to relieve insomnia and sleeplessness. Improves sleep quality due to its calming effect.
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine as a sedative for the relief of mild anxiety, nervous tension, stress, irritability, nervous restlessness and tenseness.
Studies have shown that valerian not only shortens the time to get to sleep but improves sleep quality. Valerian has been traditionally used in herbal medicine for the relief of mild anxiety, nervous tension, stress, irritability, nervous restlessness and tenseness.Valerian is non-habit forming without strong sedative or hypnotic effects. During World War I, Europeans afflicted with "overwrought nerves" from artillery, frequently took valerian. It's a powerful natural sedative included in many over-the-counter sleeping medications. .
Valerian is a non-habit-forming sleeping aid which has been traditionally used in herbal medicine as a reliable sedative for centuries. Studies shown that valerian shortens the time to get to sleep and improves sleep quality. Traditionally used in herbal medicine as a sedative for the relief of mild anxiety, nervous tension, stress, irritability, nervous restlessness and tenseness.
Best taken diluted with water or juice.
Adults and children over 12:
As a sleeping aid - take 5 mL in the afternoon and 5 mL 30 minutes before retiring.
As a sedative - take 5 mL one to three times daily (children from 6 to 12: take 2.5 mL).
May cause drowsiness.
Medical advice is recommended if taking other sedatives.
Not suitable during pregnancy and lactation.
Contains alcohol 70% v/v.Active Ingredient
Each 5 mL dose contains Valeriana officinalis extract equiv. to dry root & rhiz. & stolon 1 g (1000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Quickly absorbed liquid extract.
- Made in Australia.
- Tamper-evident packaging.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, sugars, gluten and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods with listing number AUST L 92764.
|Dimensions||57 × 57 × 140 mm|