Valerian Root 1,500mg – 60 Capsules
$28.22 inc. GST
- Helps to relieves insomnia and sleeplessness. Improves sleep quality due to its calming effect.
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine for the relief of mild anxiety, nervous tension, irritability, restlessness and tenseness.
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine to reduce the risk of muscular cramps and spasms.
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine for its sedative, nervine and anti-spasmodic actions.
The modern day therapeutic uses for valerian stem from traditional Greek medicine which was originally documented by Hippocrates (ca. 460-377 B.C.E.) and later by Dioscorides (first century), author of the De Materia Medica. During World War I, Europeans afflicted with nerve symptoms from artillery, frequently took valerian. It is considered one of nature's most powerful sedatives and is included in many over-the-counter sleeping medications. Valerian is non-habit-forming and enables a person to wake up feeling refreshed.
Helps to relieve insomnia and sleeplessness by improving sleep quality due to its calming effect. Valerian not only shortens the time taken to get to sleep but also improves sleep quality.Valerian is traditionally used in herbal medicine for the relief of mild anxiety, nervous tension, irritability, restlessness and tenseness. Valerian is also traditionally used in herbal medicine to reduce the risk of muscular cramps and spasms. Traditionally used in herbal medicine for its sedative, nervine and anti-spasmodic actions.
Adults and children over 12 only:
As a sleeping aid - take one capsule in the afternoon and 30 minutes before retiring.
As a sedative - take two to four capsules daily.
Use only as directed and always read the label.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Not recommended during pregnancy or lactation.
May cause drowsiness.
Interaction with Other Medication
Medical advice is recommended if taking other sedatives.
Each capsule contains standardised extract equivalent to dried Valeriana officinalis root & rhiz. & stolon 1.5 g (1500 mg) equivalent to valerenic acids calculated as hydroxy/acetoxyvalerenic acid and valerenic acid 2.4 mg.
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Easy-to-swallow capsules.
- 100% vegetable capsule shell.
- Two tamper-evident layers.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods with listing number AUST L 145069.
|Dimensions||54 × 54 × 80 mm|