Swedish Bitters – 500mL Tincture
$27.96 inc. GST
- Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve symptoms of indigestion, digestive discomfort, constipation and loss of appetite.
- Swedish Bitters contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a laxative, to assist with the relief of constipation.
- Swedish Bitters also contains Black cohosh, traditionally used in herbal medicine to reduce menstruation pain and promote menstrual flow.
- TOPICAL USE – Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used externally, in herbal medicine to support wound healing and cleanse minor skin, cuts, scratches and abrasions.
- ORAL APPLICATION – Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in herbal medicine as a gargle for the relief of sore throats and toothache.
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters are traditionally used in herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve symptoms of indigestion, digestive discomfort, constipation and loss of appetite. Swedish Bitters is named after a Swedish health enthusiast Claus Samst who used the product back in the 18th century as a bitter tonic. Swedish Bitters is a multipurpose tincture with a variety of versatile uses.
When Hilde Hemmes first came across an old Swedish Bitters recipe in a German book, she was so impressed with it's therapeutic benefits that she obtained the herbal mixture. In 1984 Hilde and her husband started manufacturing and successfully distributing Swedish Bitters into the Australian market place. Now more than three decades later, Swedish Bitters is one of Australia's leading herbal bitter tonics. Over the years Swedish Bitters has become a flagship product within the Hilde Hemmes' Herbal range and many positive testimonials have been received from satisfied customers.
Therapeutic Use / Dosage
Oral use: Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve digestive discomfort and symptoms of indigestion. Swedish Bitters also contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a stimulant laxative, to relieve constipation. Black cohosh has also been included, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to relieve menstruation pain and promote menstrual flow. (Directions for use: Adults - take 20 mL in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals three times daily).
Topical use: Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in Western herbal medicine externally to support wound healing and to cleanse minor skin cuts, scratches and abrasions. (Directions for use: Adults - soak a piece of gauze with product and apply to the affected area for 2-12 hrs, covering with a bandage).
Oral application: Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in Western herbal medicine as a gargle to relieve symptoms of sore throat and toothache. (Directions for use: Adults - add 20 mL to 100 mL of lukewarm water, swish the solution in the mouth, gargle and swallow, twice daily).
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Not recommended for use in children under 12 years. If you are pregnant or breast feeding, seek the advice of a healthcare professional before taking this product Not recommended in cases of gastric/duodenal ulcers. Contains alcohol 40% v/v.
As a laxative, drink plenty of water, prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems, do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea. In very rare cases – Black cohosh has been associated with liver failure. If you are experiencing yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, and/or loss of appetite, you should stop taking this product and see your doctor.
|Each 20 mL dose contains tinctures equivalent to dried:|
|Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice||133.34 mg|
|Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf||133.34 mg|
|Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome||133.34 mg|
|Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin||85.72 mg|
|Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome||152.38 mg|
|Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin||133.34 mg|
|Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root||66.66 mg|
|Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome||152.38 mg|
|Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome||19.06 mg|
|Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon||19.06 mg|
|Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner||19.06 mg|
|Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit||19.06 mg|
|Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style||2.66 mg|
|Non-active ingredient Camphor||133.34 mg|
*these combined ingredients are also known as theriac venezian.
Features / Benefits
- A multi-purpose product suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Quickly absorbed liquid extract.
- Made in Australia.
- Tamper-evident packaging.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods with listing number AUST L 320677.
|Dimensions||76 × 76 × 185 mm|