Spanish conquerors first learned about passionflower from the Aztecs, who used it for the relief of sleeping and nervous disorders. The plant was taken to Europe where it became widely grown and introduced into European medicine for the relief of nervous tension, restlessness and irritable sleeplessness. In Germany, passionflower is commonly added to children’s sedative tea formulas as it can be taken long-term, is gentle and does not have a strong sedative effect.
Passionflower is best described as a plant that is used for nervous disorders and works by mildly depressing the central nervous system causing relaxation. The major advantage is, unlike many pharmaceuticals, passionflower is non-habit-forming. Passionflower has a revered place in European medicine as it can be found in most pharmacopoeias. I decided to include passionflower in my therapeutic teabag range because I find it frustrating when you’re desperately tired and cannot get to sleep.
Take to help relieve symptoms of nervous tension, restlessness and irritable sleeplessness. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse one teabag with one cup of boiling water, steep and cover for ten minutes.
Adults and children over 12: drink three to four cups daily.
Children from 6 to 12: drink one to two cups daily.
Children from 3 to 6: drink one cup daily.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Medical advice is recommended for children from 3 to 13 years, during pregnancy and lactation.
May cause drowsiness – if affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Each teabag contains Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) herb fl. fr. dry 2 g (2000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).