Thyme and aniseed have been added to the mixture for their essential oil’s content. These oils produce a pleasant taste that stimulates the production of saliva, which in turn activates the swallowing reflex, suppressing coughing. Essential oils have strong antibacterial properties which help discharge mucus and phlegm from the lungs and throat by means of coughing or spitting. Expulsion of mucus in the bronchi also removes the stimulant that causes coughing.
Helps soothe bronchial airways by providing relief of bronchial cough, congestion and catarrhal symptoms in the upper respiratory tract. Useful for the relief of all types of coughs, particularly a dry cough. Increase fluid intake (water) to 2-3 litres per day to prevent the drying of mucus membranes. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse one teabag with one cup of boiling water, steep and cover for ten minutes. Adults and children over 6: drink one cup several times daily. Children from 2 to 6: drink one to two cups daily.
Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Medical advice is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
|Each 2.7 g teabag contains:|
|Aniseed dry||810 mg|
|Lime tree flower dry||1.35 g|
|Thyme herb dry||540 mg|
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).