History shows that sage has been used since the first century by the Greek physician Dioscorides for the relief of mouth and throat disorders. Its name is derived from the Latin ‘salvere’ (to be saved). Historical use of sage can be attributed to its thujone-rich essential oil which has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral actions. It is included in many gastrointestinal remedies for the relief of indigestion symptoms such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea.
Studies have shown that sage tea can help reduce excessive perspiration making it useful for night sweats. Gargling relieves symptoms of laryngitis, tonsillitis, sore throats, painful gums and mouth ulcers. I have included sage in my teabag range in its recommended therapeutic strength.
Take to relieve symptoms of indigestion including bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea. Helps reduce excessive perspiration (including night sweats). Gargle for the relief of symptoms of laryngitis, tonsillitis and mouth ulcers. Assists in the management of sore throats and painful gums. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse one teabag with one cup of boiling water, steep and cover for ten to fifteen minutes.
For oral use: drink three cups daily.
As a gargle: use two teabags and gargle with the warm infusion several times daily.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Not suitable during pregnancy and lactation.
Duration of Use
For excessive perspiration, treatment for 2-4 weeks is recommended.
Each teabag contains Sage (Salvia officinalis) leaf granules dry 2.5 g (2500 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).