- Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in herbal medicine to support digestion and to assist with mild digestive symptoms such as indigestion, bloating, flatulence, constipation and lack of appetite.
- Swedish Bitters contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a laxative, to assist with the relief of constipation.
- Swedish Bitters also contains Black cohosh, traditionally used in herbal medicine to assist in the relief of premenstrual symptoms and help relieve symptoms associated with menopause such as hot flushes, sweating, sleeping disorders and nervous tension.
- Externally Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in herbal medicine to support the healing and repair of minor skin ailments.
- As a gargle Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in herbal medicine, Swedish Bitters is gargled for the relief of sore throats and toothache.