AUD $8.87 each
In the 16th and 17th centuries, nettle fibres were used when weaving household cloth. Campbell, a poet, confirmed this when he said: "I have eaten nettles, I have slept in nettle sheets and I have dined off a nettle tablecloth". The leaves of the nettle plant have fine sharp hairs which irritate the skin on contact, hence the name 'stinging' nettle.
The medicinal use of stinging nettle dates back to the times of Christ and is well documented throughout history. The use of nettle as a diuretic and for the relief of rheumatic conditions is well documented and recognised amongst herbalists. One clinical study involving 152 patients with rheumatic conditions showed a 70% improvement after using stinging nettle for three weeks (Ramm, S & C. Hansen. 1995. Brennesselextrakt bei rheumatischend Beschwerden. Dtsch Apoth Ztg 135 sup.3-8).
Stinging nettle in my therapeutic teabag range helps maintain normal urinary function and assists with mild fluid retention. Clinical studies recommend nettle to help relieve symptoms of rheumatic conditions.
Take to relieve symptoms of rheumatic conditions and to help maintain normal urinary tract function. Stinging nettle has an anti-inflammatory and diuretic effect on the lower urinary tract. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse two teabags with one cup of boiling water, steep and cover for ten minutes.
Adults only: drink three cups daily.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Drink plenty of water when taken as a diuretic.
Medical advice is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
Contraindications: if oedema exists due to impaired heart or kidney function.
Each teabag contains Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) herb top fl. dry 1.5 g (1500 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).