AUD $12.38 each
The raspberry plant is actually a member of the rose family and was formerly known as raspbis, hindberry and bramble of Mount Ida, among other names. It is widely grown in temperate climates and grows wild in forests, but it can also be found high up in the mountains of southern Europe and central Asia. Raspberries are the edible fruit produced by plants belonging to the Rubus species and idaeus refers to the red or European variety that the ancient Greeks found on Mt Ida near Troy, in northwest Turkey.
I have included raspberry leaf tea in my therapeutic teabag range for its variety of uses. Rich in minerals and vitamins, it is traditionally used during pregnancy to tone and strengthen the tissue of the uterus to assist contractions during labour. As a herbal tea it helps to tighten and tone the ligaments supporting the uterus, making it beneficial in the relief of painful and profuse menstruation (dysmenorrhoea). Raspberry leaf tea is also effective in the treatment of diarrhoea, due to its astringent properties, and as a gargle it can provide relief for mouth and throat inflammation.
Beneficial during the third trimester of pregnancy to tone and prepare the uterus for childbirth. May be taken up to five times a day during labour to facilitate delivery. Raspberry leaf used as an astringent can help relieve symptoms of diarrhoea and dysmenorrhoea (painful and profuse menstruation). Use as a gargle to relieve inflammation associated with bleeding gums/sore throat/mouth ulcers/tonsillitis. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Adults only: infuse one teabag with one cup of boiling water, steep for ten to fifteen minutes.
For oral use: drink one to three cups daily - may be taken up to five times a day during labour.
As a gargle: can be used several times daily, as required.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms or diarrhoea persist for more than 48 hours, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Not suitable for children under 12.
Avoid using during constipation.
Each teabag contains Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) leaf granules dry 4 g (4000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).