AUD $17.30 each
The modern day therapeutic use for valerian stems from traditional Greek medicine which was originally documented by Hippocrates (ca. 460-377 B.C.E.) and later by Dioscorides (first century), author of the De Materia Medica. During World War I, Europeans afflicted with "overwrought nerves" from artillery, frequently took valerian. It is considered nature's most powerful sedative and is included in many over-the-counter sleeping drugs. Unlike some of its chemical counterparts, valerian is non-habit-forming and enables a person to wake up feeling refreshed.
Valerian is a clinically-proven, non-habit-forming sleeping aid which has been traditionally used as a reliable sedative for centuries. Studies have shown that valerian not only shortens the time to get to sleep and improves sleep quality (without strong sedative or hypnotic effects), but also helps to relieve nervous unrest/excitement, tenseness, restlessness, irritability and anxiety-induced sleep disorders.
Best taken diluted with water or juice.
Adults and children over 12:
As a sleeping aid - take 5 mL in the afternoon and 5 mL 30 minutes before retiring.
As a sedative - take 5 mL one to three times daily (children from 6 to 12: take 2.5 mL).
May cause drowsiness.
Medical advice is recommended if taking other sedatives.
Not suitable during pregnancy and lactation.
Contains alcohol 70% v/v.
Each 5 mL dose contains Valeriana officinalis extract equiv. to dry root & rhiz. & stolon 1 g (1000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Helps promote the body’s natural healing forces.
- Liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Superior herbal extract ingredients are used, ensuring potency, quality and efficacy.
- Tamper-evident packaging ensures consumer safety.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).